WIN a luxury trip for two to South Africa, worth more than £2,000
Ker & Downey Africa and The Travel Magazine are offering one lucky winner a four-night luxury safari trip for two to South Africa, worth more than £2000.
The prize includes two nights at the Mantis No5 Boutique Art Hotel in Port Elizabeth and two nights in at Mantis Founder’s Lodge in the Eastern Cape.
How to Enter
To enter, simply agree to sign up to The Travel Magazine and Ker & Downey Africa newsletters before August 25 2020.
This competition has now ended but CLICK HERE to sign up to our free newsletter and be informed of future competitions and prize draws.
Your trip begins in the immaculately restored Mantis No5 Boutique Art Hotel. Located less than 10 minutes from Port Elizabeth International Airport, No5 is nestled in the affluent Summerstrand suburb, away from the hustle and bustle, yet an easy stroll to the ocean which is less than 150 metres away.
Setting the precedent in Port Elizabeth for luxury accommodation and service, the 10 suites are complemented by a fine dining restaurant and private dining cellar, whiskey and cigar lounge, private cinema, privately-owned art collection and CSpa Wellness by Camelot Spa.
After the two-night stay at No5, you will make your way to Mantis Founder’s Lodge. Set atop a hill with panoramic views of the lodge surrounds and only an hour outside Port Elizabeth, it was once the home of conservation pioneer and Mantis founder, Adrian Gardiner. Upon arrival, guests are welcomed by rhino and a number of other smaller species. The intimate 6-suite lodge is designed to give guests a sense of belonging and provides the privacy to enjoy the vast landscape and endless African sky.
Tucked away on a 400ha game conservancy, the lodge features a boma (specialist animal enclosure), steam room and two swimming pools. The Founder’s Museum is complete with array of Adrian Gardiner’s unique memorabilia and photographs collected on his many journeys, a priceless amaXhosa bead collection and small curio shop. Other features include a bar with Billiards table, drawing room with fireplace, library, dining area, casual dining terrace and gym, as well as complimentary Wi-Fi.
Big 5 game drives takes place on the Shamwari Game Reserve with guided nature walks in the safety of the Founders conservancy.
Terms and Conditions
- One winner will receive four-night safari trip for two with Ker & Downey Africa, including a two-night stay at the Mantis No5 Boutique Art Hotel in Port Elizabeth and a two-night stay in at Mantis Founder’s Lodge in the Eastern Cape. The prize is based on two people sharing.
- The prize is valid until December 15 2021. It cannot be utilised over long weekends, Easter, Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
- Extension of validity is not permitted.
- The prize is subject to availability of room type.
- No 5 Boutique Art Hotel in Port Elizabeth includes breakfast.
- Founders Lodge in the Eastern Cape including all meals, selected beverages and 2 game drives.
- The prize is non-transferable and is to be used by the registered prize winner.
- The winner must be aged 18 years or over.
- There are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part.
- Prize excludes transportation, all flights, beverages, shop purchases, telephone calls and non-stipulated meals.
- Competition organiser is Ker & Downey Africa.
More about Ker & Downey Africa
Ker & Downey Africa is a luxury travel and safari company offering tailored trips throughout the African continent from their home base in Cape Town.
Their LuxVenture® trips focus on unique experiences and untouched destinations, bringing together luxurious nights and adventurous days.
Sustainable travel is of utmost importance to Ker & Downey® Africa in order to preserve Africa’s unique wildlife and to empower local communities. Each LuxVenture® trip that they create has been designed to challenge you, to connect you and to allow you to leave your own personal legacy in Africa.
Exclusive 10% discount with The Travel Magazine
When booking your trip with Ker & Downey Africa, quote “The Travel Magazine” when booking your trip to receive an exclusive 10% discount for all trips booked in Southern Africa.