We are giving away a holiday for two to explore Nicaragua WORTH OVER £4,000
We have teamed up with Select Latin America so that you can be one of the first to discover this newly emerging holiday destination and enjoy a holiday of a lifetime touring Nicaragua and its lovely colonial cities.
Part of Latin America; this off-the-beaten track holiday destination is finally emerging from the shadows to offer undeniably beautiful landscape, gorgeous lakes, magnificent volcanoes (six of which are still active), nature reserves, inviting beaches and warm and friendly locals.
Your tour (see full itinerary here) starts in the capital city of Managua where you can rub shoulders with locals in the street markets, see the views of the Tiscapo Lagoon and even go bird watching.
You will also visit the beautiful colonial city of Leon replete with history, museums, incredible churches and the impressive Cathedral of Leon, declared as a UNESCO Cultural Heritage Site. You could even go boarding at the Cerro Negro volcano if you have the heart and stomach for this exhilarating ride into the volcano.
At San Jorge Port you will take the ferry to the Isla de Ometepe, situated on Lake Nicaragua, where indigenous tribes lived for centuries. The two most famous volcanoes, Concepcion and Maderas, can be seen from here and are both highly instagramable. You will spend the night on a nature reserve by one of the most beautiful beaches in the country.
Then you will transfer to the vibrant colonial city of Granada believed to be the second oldest in Latin America and attacked many times by pirates. You will see it on foot and also by horse-drawn carriage and have the opportunity to climb the bell tower of Merced church and enjoy spectacular views over Lake Nicaragua and Mombacho Volcano.
To enter the competition, just sign up to our Newsletter below. Winner will be chosen at random on May 16th 2017.
This competition has now ended. To be informed of future competitions, sign up to our Newsletter:
Terms & Conditions
Competition period: 24 April 2017 – closing date midnight 15 May 2017
1. The ‘Win a Trip to Nicaragua with Select Latin America’ competition (the “competition”) is open to residents of all countries aged 18 and over and there may be only one entry per person. No purchase necessary. Entries received outside of the stated competition period will not be considered and no responsibility is taken for entries that are not received or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
2. The competition may not be entered by anyone connected with the competition and entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. No trade, consumer groups or third party applications acceptable.
3. The winner will be drawn at random on 16 May 2017 (“closing date”) and will be notified within 7 days of the closing date. Attempts will be made to notify the winner by the email provided at the time of entry. If the promoter, having used reasonable efforts, is unable to contact the winner, then the prize is forfeited and further draw(s) will be conducted.
4. The prize is a 7-night Trip to Nicaragua with Select Latin America for 2 people. The prize includes flights from London; stay of 1 night in the capital city of Managua, 2 nights in colonial Leon, 2 nights on Ometepe Island and finish with 2 nights in Granada). The holiday includes breakfast, good quality, mid-range hotels, transfers and some excursions.
5. The prize must be taken between the 1st August 2017 to the 31st July 2018, subject to availability. Black-out dates (when travel cannot be taken) include Christmas and Easter. Winners must give 60 days’ notice of desired dates for travel.
6. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, may be used by the registered prize winner only, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
7. Select Latin America reserve the right to amend or substitute the prize for another of a similar value.
8. Select Latin America accept no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize. The winner is responsible for all travel expenses and arrangements, such as but not limited to additional flights, accommodation, meals and spending money.
9. It is the winners’ responsibility to ensure they have a valid passport, travel insurance and any necessary vaccinations. Such travel documentation is at the sole expense of the winner. Failure to be granted a visa and or have the necessary travel documentation will result in the prize winner forfeiting their prize. If the Winner and/or their companion is refused passage and or entry/exit to or from the country being visited, any additional costs incurred will be the Winner and/or their companion’s sole responsibility.
10. Travel insurance is essential and is not included in the prize.
11. Select Latin America accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by the prize winner as a result of entering the competition or accepting the prize. All prize winners and their companions fully indemnify Select Latin America for any and all losses, liability, action, claim, proceeding, judgement, penalty, fine, damages, fee, cost, charge or expense (including, without limitation, legal fees and expenses) brought, claimed or asserted against Select Latin America or for which Select Latin America may be liable as a result of this competition or of taking or using the prize.
12. Select Latin America reserve the right to discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this competition with or without prior notice, at any time.
13. Select Latin America shall not be liable for any failure to fulfil the competition where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances include, but are not limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
14. Flights may be indirect and no stopovers or extensions to the trip are permitted. Winner and their companion must travel at the same time and depart from London.
15. The competition organiser is Select Latin America Piano Club, 2.02, Piano House, 9 Brighton Terrace, Brixton, SW9 8DJ