By Ray Brooks
“No new knowledge is required or acquired, Ray. No transcendental experience or higher consciousness needs to be achieved. When the recognition of what you are is seen, nothing at all happens. Why would it? You simply find yourself as you already are.”
After many years spent searching for the secret to peace, happiness and unconditional freedom, a chance encounter on the ghats of the sacred River Ganges heralds the end of Ray Brook’s spiritual journey.
Interspersed between humorous and uplifting stories of life in Rishikesh, India are nine thought-provoking conversations between Ray and an unassuming yet extraordinary Anglo-Indian man. Ray’s long-held spiritual beliefs are exposed and challenged, allowing him to see that his quest for wholeness has been a futile path: just like a shadow that seeks the sun. This book offers no promises or systems of belief. Instead, it clearly points to something that is ever-present yet completely overlooked: the ordinariness and beauty of our natural state of being. And it is only after we acknowledge that simple yet profound truth that our spiritual search will be complete.
We have two copies of the book to give away. To be in a chance of winning a copy, simply sign up to The Travel Magazine’s newsletter below.
This competition has now ended but sign up to our FREE weekly newsletter below to be informed of future competitions and prize draws:
Terms and Conditions
- Prize is a copy of The Shadow that Seeks the Sun book by Ray Brooks. There are two prizes in total.
- Only one entry per email allowed.
- Entries must be received by noon GMT on 10th April 2018.
- Entrants must be aged over 18.
- Winners will be chosen by The Travel Magazine and the company’s decision is final.
- Competition organiser is Watkins Media Ltd, Unit 11, Shepperton House, 89 Shepperton Road, London N1 3DF, United Kingdom